Nas Hanafi (Nasir Hanafi)
Nas Hanafi (Nasir Hanafi) is the principal solicitor at Sydney based law firm, Lion Legal.
Areas of Practice
His practice areas include: Criminal Law, Conveyancing and Property Law, Family and De Facto Law, Buying and Selling Businesses, Contract Disputes, Wills, Motor Vehicle Law, Commercial Advice, and Court Appearances.
Nas appears in jurisdictions such as: Local Court, District Court, Supreme Court, Federal Court and NSW Civil & Administrative Tribunal.
Nas was admitted to practice in 2002 and has worked at various firms such as Cutler Hughes & Harris, Fraser Clancy and Hicksons Lawyers, before establishing Lion Legal in 2009.
Nas is a member of the Law Society of New South Wales.
Examples of Work:
- Acting for a client in an assault matter arising from a scuffle with a bouncer outside Scruffy Murphy's
- Defending a client from a charge of larceny and embezzlement by servant
- Having a client's mid range drink driving charge reduced to low range and obtaining a dismissal of the charge
- Acting for a couple who separated and disputed a large estate consisting of commercial and residential property
- Seeking appropriate contact orders in relation to the children for a separated de facto couple
- Representing a director in a dispute with a fellow director and negotiating a share buy out and arranging removal of the rogue director
- Assisting clients set up a software company designing applications for use in government
- Drafting terms and conditions for a website for a client's booming online business
- Negotiating a non-disclosure agreement for a client seeking to sell a lucrative jewellery business
- Preparing a Call Option Deed for a corporate client acquiring a large commercial property
- Setting up a self managed superannuation trust enabling a client to purchase property in the super fund
- Incorporating a testamentary trust into a Will for a testator who wished to preserve her assets for her grandchildren over and above her child's spouse
- Attending upon a terminally ill client to draft urgent Powers of Attorney and Enduring Guardianships
- Assisting a client purchase an existing Thai restaurant and converting it to an Italian restaurant, attending to the DA application and the liquor licensing
- Litigating a dispute between business partners in a partnership
Litigation and Advocacy
- Appearing at the trial as an advocate for the purchaser of a defective motor vehicle
- Successfully contesting an application for an injunction against a former employee
- Having an AVO dismissed after rigorous cross examination of the complainant